Now that winter is around the corner, the winter wedding festivities have begun! This seasons latest wedding themes are inspired by rich colors such as peacock blue with a modern twist. No longer is the purely traditional aesthetic a desire for most brides. Todays modern bride wants to include the traditional elements of her South Asian heritage along with the her western aesthetics and identity. This brings together a colorful yet sophisticated ambiance for winter wedding this year. Here are some winter wedding theme tips:
- Select a main color that is bold and rich such as peacock blue or magenta or winter white
- Accent this with a pop of gold or silver, depending on your preference
- Instead of roses, go for orchids or tulips for a modern and clean look
- Create a sense of elegant luxury without overstatement by adding light chiffon or georgette drapes throughout the venue. Sheer fabrics create a dramatic but light ambiance.
- Use candles (electric) to create a holiday glow and glitter throughout the venue. The shimmer of candles is both relaxing and creates a “candle light” dinner vibe.